Under the Ghana Education Trust policy, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah built a number of Senior Secondary (High) Schools including:
Mfantsiman Secondary School, Ofori Panyin Secondary School, Techiman Secondary School, Winneba Secondary School,
Swedru Secondary School, Apam Secondary School, Dormaa Secondary School, Tema Secondary School, Oda Secondary School, and the Labone Secondary School.
Kwadaso College of Education,
Atebubu Training College, Berekum Training College, Fosu Training College and the Enchi Training College, Ghana National College of Cape Coast, etc.
- Universities and Technical Institutes
Kumasi Technical Institute (now University) , Ajumako
School of Languages (now under UEW),
Accra Polytechnic now Accra Technical University, University of Cape Coast (UCC), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Institute of African Studies, Kwame Nkrumah Institute of Economics and Political Science (now south campus of UEW), made University of Ghana (then University College of Gold Coast affiliated to university of London) a full fledge university to award its own degrees and became their first chancellor, among others.
Free education for primary and middle schools (JHS) to ensure that every child of school age had education in Ghana.
- Built the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (previously Kumasi central hospital)
- Made Korle Bu a teaching hospital and expanded its capacity by constructing the Medical, Maternity, Surgical and Child Health blocks.
- Established the Ghana Medical School
- Free Medical care to all citizens
- Established GIHOC pharmaceuticals
- Built several hospitals and clinics.
Factories and Industries
- Abosso Glass Factory
- Zuarungu Meat Factory
- Wenchi Tomato Factory
- Kade Match Factory
- Akosombo Textiles Limited
- Kumasi Shoe Factory
- Pwalugu Tomato Factory
- Asutuare Sugar Factory
- Komenda Sugar Factory
- Kumasi Jute Factory
- Nsawam Cannery, Brick and Tile Factory
- Tarkwa Bonsa Tyre Factory
- Bolgatanga Meat Processing Factory
- Bolgatanga Rice Mill Factory
- GIHOC Fibre Products Company, etc.
State Owned Enterprises and Companies
- Ghana Black Star Line with almost 15 ships
- Bank of Ghana (BoG)
- Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB)
- Agricultural Development Bank (ADB)
- National Investment Bank (NIB)
- State Insurance Company (SIC),
- Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT),
- Ghana Oil Company (GOIL)
- Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GHAPOHA)
- Tema Oil Refinery (TOR)
- The National Management and Productivity Institute,
- Ghana Film Industries, Accra
- Ghana Airways Corporation
- Ghana National Trading Corporation
- Cocoa Marketing Board (COCOBOD)
- Tema Steel Works
- VALCO, etc.
State Housing and Hotel Projects
- In Accra (Labone Estate, Kanda Estates, Osu Ringway Estates, Airport Residential Area)
- In Kumasi (Patasi Estate, Kwadaso Estate, Buokrom Estates, North and South Suntreso)
- Tema Township (Communities)
- State Hotels (Star, Meridian, Ambassador, Continental now Golden Tulip Accra, Atlantic, City Hotel Catering Rest Houses now Golden Tulip Kumasi), Peduase Lodge.
- Ghana Museums
- Ghana Film Corporation
- Ghana News Agency
- Ghana Broadcasting Corporation
- Atomic Reactor Station
- Akosombo Dam
- Restructured the British Military base into Accra (now Kotoka) International Airport.
- Tema Motorway
- Tema Harbour
- Adomi Bridge
- State Farms and Institutes