1. Record Of The Year Award to the Artist and to the Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s) and/or Mixer(s) and mastering engineer(s), if other than the artist.
HEY, MA Bon Iver BJ Burton, Brad Cook, Chris Messina & Justin Vernon, producers; BJ Burton, Zach Hanson & Chris Messina, engineers/mixers; Greg Calbi, mastering engineer
BAD GUY Billie Eilish Finneas O’Connell, producer; Rob Kinelski & Finneas O’Connell, engineers/mixers; John Greenham, mastering engineer
7 RINGS Ariana Grande Charles Anderson, Tommy Brown, Michael Foster & Victoria Monet, producers; Serban Ghenea, John Hanes, Billy Hickey & Brendan Morawski, engineers/mixers; Randy Merrill, mastering engineer
HARD PLACE H.E.R. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins, producer; Joseph Hurtado, Jaycen Joshua, Derek Keota & Miki Tsutsumi, engineers/mixers; Colin Leonard, mastering engineer
TALK Khalid Disclosure & Denis Kosiak, producers; Ingmar Carlson, Jon Castelli, Josh Deguzman, John Kercy, Denis Kosiak, Guy Lawrence & Michael Romero, engineers/mixers; Dale Becker, mastering engineer
OLD TOWN ROAD Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus Andrew “VoxGod” Bolooki, Jocelyn “Jozzy” Donald & YoungKio, producers; Andrew “VoxGod” Bolooki, Cinco & Joe Grasso, engineers/mixers; Eric Lagg, mastering engineer
TRUTH HURTS Lizzo Ricky Reed & Tele, producers; Chris Galland, Manny Marroquin & Ethan Shumaker, engineers/mixers; Chris Gehringer, mastering engineer
SUNFLOWER Post Malone & Swae Lee Louis Bell & Carter Lang, producers; Louis Bell & Manny Marroquin, engineers/mixers; Mike Bozzi, mastering engineer
2. Album Of The Year
Award to Artist(s) and to Featured Artist(s), Songwriter(s) of new material, Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s), Mixer(s) and Mastering Engineer(s) credited with at least 33% playing time of the album, if other than Artist.
NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL! Lana Del Rey Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, producers; Jack Antonoff & Laura Sisk, engineers/mixers; Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, songwriters; Chris Gehringer, mastering engineer
WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? Billie Eilish Finneas O’Connell, producer; Rob Kinelski & Finneas O’Connell, engineers/mixers; Billie Eilish O’Connell & Finneas O’Connell, songwriters; John Greenham, mastering engineer
THANK U, NEXT Ariana Grande Tommy Brown, Ilya, Max Martin & Victoria Monet, producers; Serban Ghenea & Brendan Morawski, engineers/mixers; Tommy Brown, Ariana Grande, Savan Kotecha, Max Martin, Victoria Monet, Tayla Parx & Ilya Salmanzadeh, songwriters; Randy Merrill, mastering engineer
I USED TO KNOW HER H.E.R. David “Swagg R’Celious” Harris, H.E.R., Walter Jones & Jeff Robinson, producers; Miki Tsutsumi, engineer/mixer; Sam Ashworth, Jeff “Gitty” Gitelman, David “Swagg R’Celious” Harris & H.E.R., songwriters; Dave Kutch, mastering engineer
7 Lil Nas X Joe Grasso, engineer/mixer; Montero Lamar Hill, songwriter; Eric Lagg, mastering engineer
CUZ I LOVE YOU (DELUXE) Lizzo Ricky Reed, producer; Manny Marroquin & Ethan Shumaker, engineers/mixers; Eric Frederic & Melissa Jefferson, songwriters; Chris Gehringer, mastering engineer
FATHER OF THE BRIDE Vampire Weekend Ezra Koenig & Ariel Rechtshaid, producers; John DeBold, Chris Kasych, Takemasa Kosaka, Ariel Rechtshaid & Hiroya Takayama, engineers/mixers; Ezra Koenig, songwriter; Emily Lazar, mastering engineer
3. Song Of The Year
A Songwriter(s) Award. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
ALWAYS REMEMBER US THIS WAY Natalie Hemby, Lady Gaga, Hillary Lindsey & Lori McKenna, songwriters (Lady Gaga)
BAD GUY Billie Eilish O’Connell & Finneas O’Connell, songwriters (Billie Eilish)
BRING MY FLOWERS NOW Brandi Carlile, Phil Hanseroth, Tim Hanseroth & Tanya Tucker, songwriters (Tanya Tucker)
HARD PLACE Ruby Amanfu, Sam Ashworth, D. Arcelious Harris, H.E.R. & Rodney Jerkins, songwriters (H.E.R.)
LOVER Taylor Swift, songwriter (Taylor Swift)
NORMAN F***ING ROCKWELL Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey, songwriters (Lana Del Rey)
SOMEONE YOU LOVED Tom Barnes, Lewis Capaldi, Pete Kelleher, Benjamin Kohn & Sam Roman, songwriters (Lewis Capaldi)
TRUTH HURTS Steven Cheung, Eric Frederic, Melissa Jefferson & Jesse Saint John, songwriters (Lizzo)
4. Best New Artist
An artist will be considered for Best New Artist if their eligibility year release/s achieved a breakthrough into the public consciousness and notably impacted the musical landscape.
LIL NAS X
TANK AND THE BANGAS
5. Best Pop Solo Performance For new vocal or instrumental pop recordings. Singles or Tracks only.
BAD GUY Billie Eilish
7 RINGS Ariana Grande
TRUTH HURTS Lizzo
YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN Taylor Swift
6. Best Pop Duo/Group Performance For new vocal or instrumental duo/group or collaborative pop recordings. Singles or Tracks only.
BOYFRIEND Ariana Grande & Social House
SUCKER Jonas Brothers
OLD TOWN ROAD Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus
SUNFLOWER Post Malone & Swae Lee
SEÑORITA Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
7. Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new traditional pop recordings.
SÌ Andrea Bocelli
LOVE (DELUXE EDITION) Michael Bublé
LOOK NOW Elvis Costello & The Imposters
A LEGENDARY CHRISTMAS John Legend
WALLS Barbra Streisand
8. Best Pop Vocal Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal pop recordings.
THE LION KING: THE GIFT Beyoncé
WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? Billie Eilish
THANK U, NEXT Ariana Grande
NO.6 COLLABORATIONS PROJECT Ed Sheeran
LOVER Taylor Swift
9. Best Dance Recording For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances. Vocal or Instrumental. Singles or tracks only.
LINKED Bonobo Simon Green, producer; Simon Green & Frank Merritt, mixers
GOT TO KEEP ON The Chemical Brothers The Chemical Brothers, producers; Steve Dub Jones & Tom Rowlands, mixers
PIECE OF YOUR HEART Meduza Featuring Goodboys Simone Giani, Luca De Gregorio & Mattia Vitale, producers; Simone Giani, Luca De Gregorio & Mattia Vitale, mixers
UNDERWATER RÜFÜS DU SOL Jason Evigan & RÜFÜS DU SOL, producers; Cassian Stewart-Kasimba, mixer
MIDNIGHT HOUR Skrillex, Boys Noize & Ty Dolla $ign Boys Noize & Skrillex, producers; Tom Norris & Skrillex, mixers
10. Best Dance/Electronic Album For vocal or instrumental albums. Albums only.
NO GEOGRAPHY The Chemical Brothers
HI THIS IS FLUME (MIXTAPE) Flume
SOLACE RÜFÜS DU SOL
CONTEMPORARY INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
11. Best Contemporary Instrumental Album For albums containing approximately 51% or more playing time of instrumental material. For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new recordings.
ANCESTRAL RECALL Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah
STAR PEOPLE NATION Theo Croker
BEAT MUSIC! BEAT MUSIC! BEAT MUSIC! Mark Guiliana
METTAVOLUTION Rodrigo y Gabriela
12. Best Rock Performance For new vocal or instrumental solo, duo/group or collaborative rock recordings.
PRETTY WASTE Bones UK
THIS LAND Gary Clark Jr.
HISTORY REPEATS Brittany Howard
WOMAN Karen O & Danger Mouse
TOO BAD Rival Sons
13. Best Metal Performance For new vocal or instrumental solo, duo/group or collaborative metal recordings.
ASTOROLUS – THE GREAT OCTOPUS Candlemass Featuring Tony Iommi
HUMANICIDE Death Angel
BOW DOWN I Prevail
UNLEASHED Killswitch Engage
14. Best Rock Song A Songwriter(s) Award. Includes Rock, Hard Rock and Metal songs. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
FEAR INOCULUM Danny Carey, Justin Chancellor, Adam Jones & Maynard James Keenan, songwriters (Tool)
GIVE YOURSELF A TRY George Daniel, Adam Hann, Matthew Healy & Ross MacDonald, songwriters (The 1975)
HARMONY HALL Ezra Koenig, songwriter (Vampire Weekend)
HISTORY REPEATS Brittany Howard, songwriter (Brittany Howard)
THIS LAND Gary Clark Jr., songwriter (Gary Clark Jr.)
15. Best Rock Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new rock, hard rock or metal recordings.
AMO Bring Me The Horizon
SOCIAL CUES Cage The Elephant
IN THE END The Cranberries
TRAUMA I Prevail
FERAL ROOTS Rival Sons
16. Best Alternative Music Album Vocal or Instrumental.
U.F.O.F. Big Thief
ASSUME FORM James Blake
I,I Bon Iver
FATHER OF THE BRIDE Vampire Weekend
ANIMA Thom Yorke
17. Best R&B Performance For new vocal or instrumental R&B recordings.
LOVE AGAIN Daniel Caesar & Brandy
COULD’VE BEEN H.E.R. Featuring Bryson Tiller
EXACTLY HOW I FEEL Lizzo Featuring Gucci Mane
ROLL SOME MO Lucky Daye
COME HOME Anderson .Paak Featuring André 3000
18. Best Traditional R&B Performance For new vocal or instrumental traditional R&B recordings.
TIME TODAY BJ The Chicago Kid
STEADY LOVE India.Arie
REAL GAMES Lucky Daye
BUILT FOR LOVE PJ Morton Featuring Jazmine Sullivan
19. Best R&B Song A Songwriter(s) Award. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
COULD’VE BEEN Dernst Emile II, David “Swagg R’Celious” Harris, H.E.R. & Hue “Soundzfire” Strother, songwriters (H.E.R. Featuring Bryson Tiller)
LOOK AT ME NOW Emily King & Jeremy Most, songwriters (Emily King)
NO GUIDANCE Chris Brown, Tyler James Bryant, Nija Charles, Aubrey Graham, Anderson Hernandez, Michee Patrick Lebrun, Joshua Lewis, Noah Shebib & Teddy Walton, songwriters (Chris Brown Featuring Drake)
ROLL SOME MO David Brown, Dernst Emile II & Peter Lee Johnson, songwriters (Lucky Daye)
SAY SO PJ Morton, songwriter (PJ Morton Featuring JoJo)
20. Best Urban Contemporary Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of newly recorded contemporary vocal tracks derivative of R&B.
APOLLO XXI Steve Lacy
CUZ I LOVE YOU (DELUXE) Lizzo
OVERLOAD Georgia Anne Muldrow
BEING HUMAN IN PUBLIC Jessie Reyez
21. Best R&B Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new R&B recordings.
1123 BJ The Chicago Kid
PAINTED Lucky Daye
ELLA MAI Ella Mai
PAUL PJ Morton
VENTURA Anderson .Paak
22. Best Rap Performance For a Rap performance. Singles or Tracks only.
MIDDLE CHILD J. Cole
DOWN BAD Dreamville Featuring J.I.D, Bas, J. Cole, EARTHGANG & Young Nudy
RACKS IN THE MIDDLE Nipsey Hussle Featuring Roddy Ricch & Hit-Boy
CLOUT Offset Featuring Cardi B
23. Best Rap/Sung Performance For a solo or collaborative performance containing both elements of R&B melodies and Rap.
HIGHER DJ Khaled Featuring Nipsey Hussle & John Legend
DRIP TOO HARD Lil Baby & Gunna
PANINI Lil Nas X
BALLIN Mustard Featuring Roddy Ricch
THE LONDON Young Thug Featuring J. Cole & Travis Scott
24. Best Rap Song A Songwriter(s) Award. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
BAD IDEA Chancelor Bennett, Cordae Dunston, Uforo Ebong & Daniel Hackett, songwriters (YBN Cordae Featuring Chance The Rapper)
GOLD ROSES Noel Cadastre, Aubrey Graham, Anderson Hernandez, Khristopher Riddick-Tynes, William Leonard Roberts II, Joshua Quinton Scruggs, Leon Thomas III & Ozan Yildirim, songwriters (Rick Ross Featuring Drake)
A LOT Jermaine Cole, Dacoury Natche, 21 Savage & Anthony White, songwriters (21 Savage Featuring J. Cole)
RACKS IN THE MIDDLE Ermias Asghedom, Dustin James Corbett, Greg Allen Davis, Chauncey Hollis, Jr. & Rodrick Moore, songwriters (Nipsey Hussle Featuring Roddy Ricch & Hit-Boy)
25. Best Rap Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new rap recordings.
REVENGE OF THE DREAMERS III Dreamville
CHAMPIONSHIPS Meek Mill
I AM > I WAS 21 Savage
IGOR Tyler, The Creator
THE LOST BOY YBN Cordae
26. Best Country Solo Performance For new vocal or instrumental solo country recordings.
ALL YOUR’N Tyler Childers
GIRL GOIN’ NOWHERE Ashley McBryde
RIDE ME BACK HOME Willie Nelson
GOD’S COUNTRY Blake Shelton
BRING MY FLOWERS NOW Tanya Tucker
27. Best Country Duo/Group Performance For new vocal or instrumental duo/group or collaborative country recordings.
BRAND NEW MAN Brooks & Dunn With Luke Combs
I DON’T REMEMBER ME (BEFORE YOU) Brothers Osborne
SPEECHLESS Dan + Shay
THE DAUGHTERS Little Big Town
COMMON Maren Morris Featuring Brandi Carlile
28. Best Country Song A Songwriter(s) Award. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
BRING MY FLOWERS NOW Brandi Carlile, Phil Hanseroth, Tim Hanseroth & Tanya Tucker, songwriters (Tanya Tucker)
IT ALL COMES OUT IN THE WASH Miranda Lambert, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna & Liz Rose, songwriters (Miranda Lambert)
SOME OF IT Eric Church, Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde & Bobby Pinson, songwriters (Eric Church)
SPEECHLESS Shay Mooney, Jordan Reynolds, Dan Smyers & Laura Veltz, songwriters (Dan + Shay)
29. Best Country Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new country recordings.
DESPERATE MAN Eric Church
STRONGER THAN THE TRUTH Reba McEntire
INTERSTATE GOSPEL Pistol Annies
CENTER POINT ROAD Thomas Rhett
WHILE I’M LIVIN’ Tanya Tucker
30. Best New Age Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental new age recordings.
FAIRY DREAMS David Arkenstone
HOMAGE TO KINDNESS David Darling
WINGS Peter Kater
VERVE Sebastian Plano
DEVA Deva Premal
31. Best Improvised Jazz Solo For an instrumental jazz solo performance. Two equal performers on one recording may be eligible as one entry. If the soloist listed appears on a recording billed to another artist, the latter’s name is in parenthesis for identification. Singles or Tracks only.
ELSEWHERE Melissa Aldana, soloist
SOZINHO Randy Brecker, soloist
TOMORROW IS THE QUESTION Julian Lage, soloist
THE WINDUP Branford Marsalis, soloist
SIGHTSEEING Christian McBride, soloist
32. Best Jazz Vocal Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal jazz recordings.
THIRSTY GHOST Sara Gazarek
LOVE & LIBERATION Jazzmeia Horn
ALONE TOGETHER Catherine Russell
12 LITTLE SPELLS Esperanza Spalding
SCREENPLAY Tierney Sutton Band
33. Best Jazz Instrumental Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new instrumental jazz recordings.
IN THE KEY OF THE UNIVERSE Joey DeFrancesco
THE SECRET BETWEEN THE SHADOW AND THE SOUL Branford Marsalis Quartet
CHRISTIAN MCBRIDE’S NEW JAWN Christian McBride’s New Jawn
FINDING GABRIEL Brad Mehldau
COME WHAT MAY Joshua Redman Quartet
34. Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new ensemble jazz recordings.
TRIPLE HELIX Anat Cohen Tentet
DANCER IN NOWHERE Miho Hazama
HIDING OUT Mike Holober & The Gotham Jazz Orchestra
THE OMNI-AMERICAN BOOK CLUB Brian Lynch Big Band
ONE DAY WONDER Terraza Big Band
35. Best Latin Jazz Album For vocal or instrumental albums containing at least 51% playing time of newly recorded material. The intent of this category is to recognize recordings that represent the blending of jazz with Latin, Iberian-American, Brazilian, and Argentinian tango music.
ANTIDOTE Chick Corea & The Spanish Heart Band
SORTE!: MUSIC BY JOHN FINBURY Thalma de Freitas With Vitor Gonçalves, John Patitucci, Chico Pinheiro, Rogerio Boccato & Duduka Da Fonseca
UNA NOCHE CON RUBÉN BLADES Jazz At Lincoln Center Orchestra With Wynton Marsalis Featuring Rubén Blades
CARIB David Sánchez
SONERO: THE MUSIC OF ISMAEL RIVERA Miguel Zenón
GOSPEL/CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN MUSIC
36. Best Gospel Performance/Song This award is given to the artist(s) and songwriter(s) (for new compositions) for the best traditional Christian, roots gospel or contemporary gospel single or track.
LOVE THEORY Kirk Franklin; Kirk Franklin, songwriter
TALKIN’ ‘BOUT JESUS Gloria Gaynor Featuring Yolanda Adams; Bryan Fowler, Gloria Gaynor & Chris Stevens, songwriters
SEE THE LIGHT Travis Greene Featuring Jekalyn Carr
SPEAK THE NAME Koryn Hawthorne Featuring Natalie Grant
THIS IS A MOVE (LIVE) Tasha Cobbs Leonard; Tony Brown, Brandon Lake, Tasha Cobbs Leonard & Nate Moore, songwriters
37. Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song This award is given to the artist(s) and songwriter(s) (for new compositions) for the best contemporary Christian pop, Christian rap/hip-hop, or Christian rock single or track.
ONLY JESUS Casting Crowns; Mark Hall, Bernie Herms & Matthew West, songwriters
GOD ONLY KNOWS for KING & COUNTRY & Dolly Parton; Josh Kerr, Jordan Reynolds, Joel Smallbone, Luke Smallbone & Tedd Tjornhom, songwriters
HAVEN’T SEEN IT YET Danny Gokey; Danny Gokey, Ethan Hulse & Colby Wedgeworth, songwriters
GOD’S NOT DONE WITH YOU (SINGLE VERSION) Tauren Wells
RESCUE STORY Zach Williams; Ethan Hulse, Andrew Ripp, Jonathan Smith & Zach Williams, songwriters
38. Best Gospel Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of newly recorded, vocal, traditional or contemporary/R&B gospel music recordings.
LONG LIVE LOVE Kirk Franklin
GOSHEN Donald Lawrence Presents The Tri -City Singers
TUNNEL VISION Gene Moore
SETTLE HERE William Murphy
SOMETHING’S HAPPENING! A CHRISTMAS ALBUM CeCe Winans
39. Best Contemporary Christian Music Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of newly recorded, vocal, contemporary Christian music, including pop, rap/hip hop, or rock recordings.
I KNOW A GHOST Crowder
BURN THE SHIPS for KING & COUNTRY
HAVEN’T SEEN IT YET Danny Gokey
THE ELEMENTS TobyMac
HOLY ROAR Chris Tomlin
40. Best Roots Gospel Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of newly recorded, vocal, traditional/roots gospel music, including country, Southern gospel, bluegrass, and Americana recordings.
DEEPER ROOTS: WHERE THE BLUEGRASS GROWS Steven Curtis Chapman
TESTIMONY Gloria Gaynor
DEEPER OCEANS Joseph Habedank
HIS NAME IS JESUS Tim Menzies
GONNA SING, GONNA SHOUT (Various Artists) Jerry Salley, Producer
41. Best Latin Pop Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new Latin pop recordings.
VIDA Luis Fonsi
MONTANER Ricardo Montaner
#ELDISCO Alejandro Sanz
FANTASIA Sebastian Yatra
42. Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new Latin rock, urban or alternative recordings.
X 100PRE Bad Bunny
OASIS J Balvin & Bad Bunny
INDESTRUCTIBLE Flor De Toloache
EL MAL QUERER ROSALÍA
43. Best Regional Mexican Music Album (Including Tejano) For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new regional Mexican (banda, norteño, corridos, gruperos, mariachi, ranchera and Tejano) recordings.
CAMINANDO Joss Favela
POCO A POCO La Energia Norteña
20 ANIVERSARIO Mariachi Divas De Cindy Shea
DE AYER PARA SIEMPRE Mariachi Los Camperos
44. Best Tropical Latin Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new tropical Latin recordings.
OPUS Marc Anthony
TIEMPO AL TIEMPO Luis Enrique + C4 Trio
CANDELA Vicente García
LITERAL Juan Luis Guerra 4.40
A JOURNEY THROUGH CUBAN MUSIC Aymée Nuviola
AMERICAN ROOTS MUSIC
45. Best American Roots Performance For new vocal or instrumental American Roots recordings. This is for performances in the style of any of the subgenres encompassed in the American Roots Music field including Americana, bluegrass, blues, folk or regional roots. Award to the artist(s).
SAINT HONESTY Sara Bareilles
FATHER MOUNTAIN Calexico And Iron & Wine
I’M ON MY WAY Rhiannon Giddens with Francesco Turrisi
CALL MY NAME I’m With Her
FARAWAY LOOK Yola
46. Best American Roots Song A Songwriter(s) Award. Includes Americana, bluegrass, traditional blues, contemporary blues, folk or regional roots songs. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
BLACK MYSELF Amythyst Kiah, songwriter (Our Native Daughters)
CALL MY NAME Sarah Jarosz, Aoife O’Donovan & Sara Watkins, songwriters (I’m With Her)
CROSSING TO JERUSALEM Rosanne Cash & John Leventhal, songwriters (Rosanne Cash)
FARAWAY LOOK Dan Auerbach, Yola Carter & Pat McLaughlin, songwriters (Yola)
I DON’T WANNA RIDE THE RAILS NO MORE Vince Gill, songwriter (Vince Gill)
47. Best Americana Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental Americana recordings.
YEARS TO BURN Calexico And Iron & Wine
WHO ARE YOU NOW Madison Cunningham
OKLAHOMA Keb’ Mo’
TALES OF AMERICA J.S. Ondara
WALK THROUGH FIRE Yola
48. Best Bluegrass Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental bluegrass recordings.
TALL FIDDLER Michael Cleveland
LIVE IN PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver
TOIL, TEARS & TROUBLE The Po’ Ramblin’ Boys
ROYAL TRAVELLER Missy Raines
IF YOU CAN’T STAND THE HEAT Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen
49. Best Traditional Blues Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental traditional blues recordings.
KINGFISH Christone “Kingfish” Ingram
TALL, DARK & HANDSOME Delbert McClinton & Self-Made Men + Dana
SITTING ON TOP OF THE BLUES Bobby Rush
BABY, PLEASE COME HOME Jimmie Vaughan
SPECTACULAR CLASS Jontavious Willis
50. Best Contemporary Blues Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental contemporary blues recordings.
THIS LAND Gary Clark Jr.
VENOM & FAITH Larkin Poe
BRIGHTER DAYS Robert Randolph & The Family Band
SOMEBODY SAVE ME Sugaray Rayford
KEEP ON Southern Avenue
51. Best Folk Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental folk recordings.
MY FINEST WORK YET Andrew Bird
REARRANGE MY HEART Che Apalache
PATTY GRIFFIN Patty Griffin
EVENING MACHINES Gregory Alan Isakov
FRONT PORCH Joy Williams
52. Best Regional Roots Music Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental regional roots music recordings.
KALAWAI’ANUI Amy Hānaiali’i
WHEN IT’S COLD – CREE ROUND DANCE SONGS Northern Cree
GOOD TIME Ranky Tanky
RECORDED LIVE AT THE 2019 NEW ORLEANS JAZZ & HERITAGE FESTIVAL Rebirth Brass Band
53. Best Reggae Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new reggae recordings.
AS I AM Julian Marley
THE FINAL BATTLE: SLY & ROBBIE VS. ROOTS RADICS Sly & Robbie & Roots Radics
MASS MANIPULATION Steel Pulse
MORE WORK TO BE DONE Third World
54. Best World Music Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal or instrumental World Music recordings.
GECE Altin Gün
WHAT HEAT Bokanté & Metropole Orkest Conducted By Jules Buckley
AFRICAN GIANT Burna Boy
FANM D’AYITI Nathalie Joachim With Spektral Quartet
CELIA Angelique Kidjo
55. Best Children’s Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new musical or spoken word recordings that are created and intended specifically for children.
AGELESS SONGS FOR THE CHILD ARCHETYPE Jon Samson
FLYING HIGH! Caspar Babypants
I LOVE RAINY DAYS Daniel Tashian
THE LOVE Alphabet Rockers
WINTERLAND The Okee Dokee Brothers
56. Best Spoken Word Album (Includes Poetry, Audio Books & Storytelling)
BEASTIE BOYS BOOK (Various Artists) Michael Diamond, Adam Horovitz, Scott Sherratt & Dan Zitt, producers
BECOMING Michelle Obama
I.V. CATATONIA: 20 YEARS AS A TWO-TIME CANCER SURVIVOR Eric Alexandrakis
MR. KNOW-IT-ALL John Waters
SEKOU ANDREWS & THE STRING THEORY Sekou Andrews & The String Theory
57. Best Comedy Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new recordings.
QUALITY TIME Jim Gaffigan
RELATABLE Ellen DeGeneres
RIGHT NOW Aziz Ansari
SON OF PATRICIA Trevor Noah
STICKS & STONES Dave Chappelle
58. Best Musical Theater Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new recordings. Award to the principle vocalist(s) and the album producer(s) of 51% or more playing time of the album. The lyricist(s) and composer(s) of a new score are eligible for an Award if they have written and/or composed a new score which comprises 51% or more playing time of the album.
AIN’T TOO PROUD: THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE TEMPTATIONS Saint Aubyn, Derrick Baskin, James Harkness, Jawan M. Jackson, Jeremy Pope & Ephraim Sykes, principal soloists; Scott M. Riesett, producer (Original Broadway Cast)
HADESTOWN Reeve Carney, André De Shields, Amber Gray, Eva Noblezada & Patrick Page, principal soloists; Mara Isaacs, David Lai, Anaïs Mitchell & Todd Sickafoose, producers (Anaïs Mitchell, composer & lyricist) (Original Broadway Cast)
MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL Danny Burstein, Tam Mutu, Sahr Ngaujah, Karen Olivo & Aaron Tveit, principal soloists; Justin Levine, Baz Luhrmann, Matt Stine & Alex Timbers, producers (Original Broadway Cast)
THE MUSIC OF HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD – IN FOUR CONTEMPORARY SUITES Imogen Heap, producer; Imogen Heap, composer (Imogen Heap)
OKLAHOMA! Damon Daunno, Rebecca Naomi Jones, Ali Stroker, Mary Testa & Patrick Vaill, principal soloists; Daniel Kluger & Dean Sharenow, producers (Richard Rodgers, composer; Oscar Hammerstein II, lyricist) (2019 Broadway Cast)
MUSIC FOR VISUAL MEDIA
59. Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media Award to the artist(s) and/or ‘in studio’ producer(s) of a majority of the tracks on the album. In the absence of both, award to the one or two individuals proactively responsible for the concept and musical direction of the album and for the selection of artists, songs and producers, as applicable. Award also goes to appropriately credited music supervisor(s).
THE LION KING: THE SONGS (Various Artists) Jon Favreau & Hans Zimmer, producers
QUENTIN TARANTINO’S ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD (Various Artists) Quentin Tarantino, producer; Mary Ramos, music supervisor
ROCKETMAN Taron Egerton Giles Martin, producer
SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (Various Artists) Spring Aspers & Dana Sano, producers; Kier Lehman, music supervisor
A STAR IS BORN Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Lukas Nelson & Benjamin Rice, producers; Julianne Jordan & Julia Michels, music supervisors
60. Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media Award to Composer(s) for an original score created specifically for, or as a companion to, a current legitimate motion picture, television show or series, video games or other visual media.
AVENGERS: ENDGAME Alan Silvestri, composer
CHERNOBYL Hildur Guðnadóttir, composer
GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 8 Ramin Djawadi, composer
THE LION KING Hans Zimmer, composer
MARY POPPINS RETURNS Marc Shaiman, composer
61. Best Song Written For Visual Media A Songwriter(s) award. For a song (melody & lyrics) written specifically for a motion picture, television, video games or other visual media, and released for the first time during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
THE BALLAD OF THE LONESOME COWBOY Randy Newman, songwriter (Chris Stapleton) Track from: Toy Story 4
GIRL IN THE MOVIES Dolly Parton & Linda Perry, songwriters (Dolly Parton) Track from: Dumplin’
I’LL NEVER LOVE AGAIN (FILM VERSION) Natalie Hemby, Lady Gaga, Hillary Lindsey & Aaron Raitiere, songwriters (Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper) Track from: A Star Is Born
SPIRIT Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, Timothy McKenzie & Ilya Salmanzadeh, songwriters (Beyoncé) Track from: The Lion King
62. Best Instrumental Composition A Composer’s Award for an original composition (not an adaptation) first released during the Eligibility Year. Singles or Tracks only.
BEGIN AGAIN Fred Hersch, composer (Fred Hersch & The WDR Big Band Conducted By Vince Mendoza)
CRUCIBLE FOR CRISIS Brian Lynch, composer (Brian Lynch Big Band)
LOVE, A BEAUTIFUL FORCE Vince Mendoza, composer (Vince Mendoza, Terell Stafford, Dick Oatts & Temple University Studio Orchestra)
STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE SYMPHONIC SUITE John Williams, composer (John Williams)
WALKIN’ FUNNY Christian McBride, composer (Christian McBride)
63. Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella An Arranger’s Award. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
BLUE SKIES Kris Bowers, arranger (Kris Bowers)
HEDWIG’S THEME John Williams, arranger (Anne-Sophie Mutter & John Williams)
LA NOVENA Emilio Solla, arranger (Emilio Solla Tango Jazz Orchestra)
LOVE, A BEAUTIFUL FORCE Vince Mendoza, arranger (Vince Mendoza, Terell Stafford, Dick Oatts & Temple University Studio Orchestra)
MOON RIVER Jacob Collier, arranger (Jacob Collier)
64. Best Arrangement, Instruments and Vocals An Arranger’s Award. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
ALL NIGHT LONG Jacob Collier, arranger (Jacob Collier Featuring Jules Buckley, Take 6 & Metropole Orkest)
JOLENE Geoff Keezer, arranger (Sara Gazarek)
MARRY ME A LITTLE Cyrille Aimée & Diego Figueiredo, arrangers (Cyrille Aimée)
OVER THE RAINBOW Vince Mendoza, arranger (Trisha Yearwood)
12 LITTLE SPELLS (THORACIC SPINE) Esperanza Spalding, arranger (Esperanza Spalding)
65. Best Recording Package
ANÓNIMAS & RESILIENTES Luisa María Arango, Carlos Dussan, Manuel García-Orozco & Juliana Jaramillo-Buenaventura, art directors (Voces Del Bullerengue)
CHRIS CORNELL Barry Ament, Jeff Ament, Vicky Cornell, Jeff Fura & Joe Spix, art directors (Chris Cornell)
HOLD THAT TIGER Andrew Wong & Fongming Yang, art directors (The Muddy Basin Ramblers)
I,I Aaron Anderson & Eric Timothy Carlson, art directors (Bon Iver)
INTELLEXUAL Irwan Awalludin, art director (Intellexual)
66. Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package
ANIMA Stanley Donwood & Tchocky, art directors (Thom Yorke)
GOLD IN A BRASS AGE Amanda Chiu, Mark Farrow & David Gray, art directors (David Gray)
1963: NEW DIRECTIONS Josh Cheuse, art director (John Coltrane)
THE RADIO RECORDINGS 1939-1945 Marek Polewski, art director (Wilhelm Furtwängler & Berliner Philharmoniker)
WOODSTOCK: BACK TO THE GARDEN – THE DEFINITIVE 50TH ANNIVERSARY ARCHIVE Masaki Koike, art director (Various Artists)
67. Best Album Notes
THE COMPLETE CUBAN JAM SESSIONS Judy Cantor-Navas, album notes writer (Various Artists)
THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO MALACO Robert Marovich, album notes writer (Various Artists)
PEDAL STEAL + FOUR CORNERS Brendan Greaves, album notes writer (Terry Allen And The Panhandle Mystery Band)
PETE SEEGER: THE SMITHSONIAN FOLKWAYS COLLECTION) Jeff Place, album notes writer (Pete Seeger)
STAX ’68: A MEMPHIS STORY Steve Greenberg, album notes writer (Various Artists)
68. Best Historical Album
THE GIRL FROM CHICKASAW COUNTY – THE COMPLETE CAPITOL MASTERS Andrew Batt & Kris Maher, compilation producers; Simon Gibson, mastering engineer (Bobbie Gentry)
THE GREAT COMEBACK: HOROWITZ AT CARNEGIE HALL Robert Russ, compilation producer; Andreas K. Meyer & Jennifer Nulsen, mastering engineers (Vladimir Horowitz)
KANKYO ONGAKU: JAPANESE AMBIENT, ENVIRONMENTAL & NEW AGE MUSIC 1980-1990 Spencer Doran, Yosuke Kitazawa, Douglas Mcgowan & Matt Sullivan, compilation producers; John Baldwin, mastering engineer (Various Artists)
PETE SEEGER: THE SMITHSONIAN FOLKWAYS COLLECTION Jeff Place & Robert Santelli, compilation producers; Pete Reiniger, mastering engineer (Pete Seeger)
WOODSTOCK: BACK TO THE GARDEN – THE DEFINITIVE 50TH ANNIVERSARY ARCHIVE Brian Kehew, Steve Woolard & Andy Zax, compilation producers; Dave Schultz, mastering engineer (Various Artists)
69. Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical An Engineer’s Award. (Artists names appear in parentheses.)
ALL THESE THINGS Tchad Blake, Thomas Dybdahl, Adam Greenspan & Roderick Shearer, engineers; Bernie Grundman, mastering engineer (Thomas Dybdahl)
ELLA MAI Chris “Shaggy” Ascher, Jaycen Joshua & David Pizzimenti, engineers; Chris Athens, mastering engineer (Ella Mai)
RUN HOME SLOW Paul Butler & Sam Teskey, engineers; Joe Carra, mastering engineer (The Teskey Brothers)
SCENERY Tom Elmhirst, Ben Kane & Jeremy Most, engineers; Bob Ludwig, mastering engineer (Emily King)
WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? Rob Kinelski & Finneas O’Connell, engineers; John Greenham, mastering engineer (Billie Eilish)
70. Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical A Producer’s Award. (Artists names appear in parentheses.)
• Arizona Baby (Kevin Abstract) (A) • Lover (Taylor Swift) (A) • Norman F***ing Rockwell! (Lana Del Rey) (A) • Red Hearse (Red Hearse) (A)
• The Angels In Heaven Done Signed My Name (Leo Bud Welch) (A) • “Let’s Rock” (The Black Keys) (A) • Mockingbird (The Gibson Brothers) (A) • Myth Of A Man (Night Beats) (A) • Southern Gentleman (Dee White) (A) • Walk Through Fire (Yola) (A)
• Heat Of The Summer (Young The Giant) (T) • Hundred (Khalid) (T) • No Drug Like Me (Carly Rae Jepsen) (T) • Outta My Head (Khalid With John Mayer) (T) • Social Cues (Cage The Elephant) (A) • Superposition (Young The Giant) (T) • Too Much (Carly Rae Jepsen) (T) • Vertigo (Khalid) (T) • Zero (From “Ralph Breaks The Internet”) (Imagine Dragons) (T)
• When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (Billie Eilish) (A)
• Almost Free (Fidlar) (A) • Burning (Maggie Rogers) (T) • Confidence (X Ambassadors Featuring K.Flay) (T) • Juice (Lizzo) (T) • Kingdom Of One (Maren Morris) (T) • Power Is Power (SZA Featuring The Weeknd & Travis Scott) (T) • Tempo (Lizzo Featuring Missy Elliott) (T) • Truth Hurts (Lizzo) (T) • The Wrong Man (Ross Golan) (A)
71. Best Remixed Recording A Remixer’s Award. (Artists names appear in parentheses for identification.) Singles or Tracks only.
I RISE (TRACY YOUNG’S PRIDE INTRO RADIO REMIX) Tracy Young, remixer (Madonna)
WORK IT (SOULWAX REMIX) David Gerard C Dewaele & Stephen Antoine C Dewaele, remixers (Marie Davidson)
PRODUCTION, IMMERSIVE AUDIO
72. Best Immersive Audio Album For vocal or instrumental albums in any genre. Must be commercially released on DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, SACD, Blu-Ray, or burned download-only/streaming-only copies and must provide a new immersive mix of four or more channels. Award to the immersive mix engineer, immersive producer (if any) and immersive mastering engineer (if any).
CHAIN TRIPPING Luke Argilla, immersive audio engineer; Jurgen Scharpf, immersive audio mastering engineer; Jona Bechtolt, Claire L. Evans & Rob Kieswetter, immersive audio producers (YACHT)
KVERNDOKK: SYMPHONIC DANCES Jim Anderson, immersive audio engineer; Robert C. Ludwig, immersive audio mastering engineer; Ulrike Schwarz, immersive audio producer (Ken-David Masur & Stavanger Symphony Orchestra)
THE ORCHESTRAL ORGAN Keith O. Johnson, immersive audio engineer; Keith O. Johnson, immersive audio mastering engineer; Marina A. Ledin & Victor Ledin, immersive audio producers (Jan Kraybill)
THE SAVIOR Bob Clearmountain, immersive audio engineer; Bob Ludwig, immersive audio mastering engineer; Michael Marquart & Dave Way, immersive audio producers (A Bad Think)
73. Best Engineered Album, Classical An Engineer’s Award. (Artist names appear in parentheses.)
AEQUA – ANNA THORVALDSDÓTTIR Daniel Shores, engineer; Daniel Shores, mastering engineer (International Contemporary Ensemble)
BRUCKNER: SYMPHONY NO. 9 Mark Donahue, engineer; Mark Donahue, mastering engineer (Manfred Honeck & Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra)
RACHMANINOFF – HERMITAGE PIANO TRIO Keith O. Johnson & Sean Royce Martin, engineers; Keith O. Johnson, mastering engineer (Hermitage Piano Trio)
RILEY: SUN RINGS Leslie Ann Jones, engineer; John Kilgore, Judith Sherman & David Harrington, engineers/mixers; Robert C. Ludwig, mastering engineer (Kronos Quartet)
WOLFE: FIRE IN MY MOUTH Bob Hanlon & Lawrence Rock, engineers; Ian Good & Lawrence Rock, mastering engineers (Jaap Van Zweden, Francisco J. Núñez, Donald Nally, The Crossing, Young People’s Chorus Of NY City & New York Philharmonic)
74. Producer Of The Year, Classical A Producer’s Award. (Artist names appear in parentheses.)
• Artifacts – The Music Of Michael McGlynn (Charles Bruffy & Kansas City Chorale) • Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique; Fantaisie Sur La Tempête De Shakespeare (Andrew Davis & Toronto Symphony Orchestra) • Copland: Billy The Kid; Grohg (Leonard Slatkin & Detroit Symphony Orchestra) • Duruflé: Complete Choral Works (Robert Simpson & Houston Chamber Choir) • Glass: Symphony No. 5 (Julian Wachner, The Choir Of Trinity Wall Street, Trinity Youth Chorus, Downtown Voices & Novus NY) • Sander: The Divine Liturgy Of St. John Chrysostom (Peter Jermihov & PaTRAM Institute Singers) • Smith, K.: Canticle (Craig Hella Johnson & Cincinnati Vocal Arts Ensemble) • Visions Take Flight (Mei-Ann Chen & ROCO)
• Project W – Works By Diverse Women Composers (Mei-Ann Chen & Chicago Sinfonietta) • Silenced Voices (Black Oak Ensemble) • 20th Century Harpsichord Concertos (Jory Vinikour, Scott Speck & Chicago Philharmonic) • Twentieth Century Oboe Sonatas (Alex Klein & Phillip Bush) • Winged Creatures & Other Works For Flute, Clarinet, And Orchestra (Anthony McGill, Demarre McGill, Allen Tinkham & Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra)
MARINA A. LEDIN, VICTOR LEDIN
• Bates: Children Of Adam; Vaughan Williams: Dona Nobis Pacem (Steven Smith, Erin R. Freeman, Richmond Symphony & Chorus) • The Orchestral Organ (Jan Kraybill) • The Poetry Of Places (Nadia Shpachenko) • Rachmaninoff – Hermitage Piano Trio (Hermitage Piano Trio)
• Himmelborgen (Elisabeth Holte, Kåre Nordstoga & Uranienborg Vokalensemble) • Kleiberg: Do You Believe In Heather? (Various Artists) • Ljos (Fauna Vokalkvintett) • LUX (Anita Brevik, Trondheimsolistene & Nidarosdomens Jentekor) • Trachea (Tone Bianca Sparre Dahl & Schola Cantorum) • Veneliti (Håkon Daniel Nystedt & Oslo Kammerkor)
76. Best Opera Recording Award to the Conductor, Album Producer(s) and Principal Soloists.
BENJAMIN: LESSONS IN LOVE & VIOLENCE George Benjamin, conductor; Stéphane Degout, Barbara Hannigan, Peter Hoare & Gyula Orendt; James Whitbourn, producer (Orchestra Of The Royal Opera House)
BERG: WOZZECK Marc Albrecht, conductor; Christopher Maltman & Eva-Maria Westbroek; François Roussillon, producer (Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra; Chorus Of Dutch National Opera)
CHARPENTIER: LES ARTS FLORISSANTS; LES PLAISIRS DE VERSAILLES Paul O’Dette & Stephen Stubbs, conductors; Jesse Blumberg, Teresa Wakim & Virginia Warnken; Renate Wolter-Seevers, producer (Boston Early Music Festival Chamber Ensemble; Boston Early Music Festival Vocal Ensemble)
PICKER: FANTASTIC MR. FOX Gil Rose, conductor; John Brancy, Andrew Craig Brown, Gabriel Preisser, Krista River & Edwin Vega; Gil Rose, producer (Boston Modern Orchestra Project; Boston Children’s Chorus)
WAGNER: LOHENGRIN Christian Thielemann, conductor; Piotr Beczała, Anja Harteros, Tomasz Konieczny, Waltraud Meier & Georg Zeppenfeld; Eckhard Glauche, producer (Festspielorchester Bayreuth; Festspielchor Bayreuth)
77. Best Choral Performance Award to the Conductor, and to the Choral Director and/or Chorus Master where applicable and to the Choral Organization/Ensemble.
BOYLE: VOYAGES Donald Nally, conductor (The Crossing)
DURUFLÉ: COMPLETE CHORAL WORKS Robert Simpson, conductor (Ken Cowan; Houston Chamber Choir)
THE HOPE OF LOVING Craig Hella Johnson, conductor (Conspirare)
SANDER: THE DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM Peter Jermihov, conductor (Evan Bravos, Vadim Gan, Kevin Keys, Glenn Miller & Daniel Shirley; PaTRAM Institute Singers)
SMITH, K.: THE ARC IN THE SKY Donald Nally, conductor (The Crossing)
78. Best Chamber Music/Small Ensemble Performance For new recordings of works with chamber or small ensemble (twenty-four or fewer members, not including the conductor). One Award to the ensemble and one Award to the conductor, if applicable.
CERRONE: THE PIECES THAT FALL TO EARTH Christopher Rountree & Wild Up
FREEDOM & FAITH PUBLIQuartet
PERPETULUM Third Coast Percussion
RACHMANINOFF – HERMITAGE PIANO TRIO Hermitage Piano Trio
SHAW: ORANGE Attacca Quartet
79. Best Classical Instrumental Solo Award to the Instrumental Soloist(s) and to the Conductor when applicable.
THE BERLIN RECITAL Yuja Wang
HIGDON: HARP CONCERTO Yolanda Kondonassis; Ward Stare, conductor (The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra)
TORKE: SKY, CONCERTO FOR VIOLIN Tessa Lark; David Alan Miller, conductor (Albany Symphony)
80. Best Classical Solo Vocal Album Award to: Vocalist(s), Collaborative Artist(s) (Ex: pianists, conductors, chamber groups) Producer(s), Recording Engineers/Mixers with 51% or more playing time of new material.
THE EDGE OF SILENCE – WORKS FOR VOICE BY GYÖRGY KURTÁG Susan Narucki (Donald Berman, Curtis Macomber, Kathryn Schulmeister & Nicholas Tolle)
HIMMELSMUSIK Philippe Jaroussky & Céline Scheen; Christina Pluhar, conductor; L’Arpeggiata, ensemble (Jesús Rodil & Dingle Yandell)
MELTZER: SONGS AND STRUCTURES Paul Appleby & Natalia Katyukova; Silas Brown & Harold Meltzer, producers
THE POETRY OF PLACES Nadia Shpachenko; Marina A. Ledin & Victor Ledin, producers
SAARIAHO: TRUE FIRE; TRANS; CIEL D’HIVER Hannu Lintu, conductor; Laura Heikinheimo, producer
82. Best Contemporary Classical Composition A Composer’s Award. (For a contemporary classical composition composed within the last 25 years, and released for the first time during the Eligibility Year.) Award to the librettist, if applicable.
BERMEL: MIGRATION SERIES FOR JAZZ ENSEMBLE & ORCHESTRA Derek Bermel, composer (Derek Bermel, Ted Nash, David Alan Miller, Juilliard Jazz Orchestra & Albany Symphony Orchestra)
HIGDON: HARP CONCERTO Jennifer Higdon, composer (Yolanda Kondonassis, Ward Stare & The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra)
MARSALIS: VIOLIN CONCERTO IN D MAJOR Wynton Marsalis, composer (Nicola Benedetti, Cristian Măcelaru & Philadelphia Orchestra)
NORMAN: SUSTAIN Andrew Norman, composer (Gustavo Dudamel & Los Angeles Philharmonic)